}

Sunday, February 28, 2010

East Fork Trail

Erin and I bought a 18-200mm lens a few month ago and it broke. We shipped it off to the manufacturer and they repaired it for free because it was still under warranty.

I had planned on backpacking with some friends from Phoenix for the weekend, but that trip was rained out, so a buddy of mine from Tucson and I went out for a long day hike on Friday instead. We hiked the East Fork Trail along the bottom of a canyon. The creeks and rivers were all flowing like crazy and we even had to wade across a few times. I had bad flashbacks of fording the river in Oregon Trail, but we made it safely across, saw now serpentine squirrels and my wife, Erin, does not have malaria.

The lens seems to be back in good working condition and I even managed to take a decent panorama that I stitched together in Photoshop. Check it out.
east fork panorama
east fork 4
east fork 2

No comments: