}

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Arizona Fights Back



A couple of days ago, I wrote a post arguing why out-of-staters shouldn't boycott Arizona. In that post I stated that contributing to the economic depression of the state and taking a punitive stance against all people in the state, including those who oppose and hate the racist laws Jan Brewer and company are creating, is counterproductive and basically unfair. Well, the AZ Democratic Party has created a website to help rid us of the fools who have hijacked our little southwestern square of American property and are attempting to drag us back to before the Civil Rights era. As I stated before, many of us are digging in our claws to keep AZ in the American present. The website, www.arizonafightsback.com, gives you the opportunity to petition, volunteer, or donate. If Los Angeles and San Francisco, Boston and Worcester, and other cities boycotting, donated money instead of merely withholding it, we'd see a change in Arizona pretty quickly.

I just want to clarify, that I don't want to give the impression that I think all Republicans or conservatives are like the people we have in Arizona and my endorsement of the Arizona Democratic Party and Arizona Fights Back stem from the extreme conditions the horrid state government here has created. I think all Americans, liberal or conservative, Republican or Democrat, should oppose racism and civil rights violations if extreme elements of any party or political alignment propose to construct laws that violate American values. Again, I apologize for all the political stuff on the blog, but if you lived here, you'd understand. And if you live here, I'm sure you do.

No comments: