}

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Zoom-Ins!



Happy New Year! I know I'm 25 hours late, but that's about my speed lately. Haven't been posting too much lately. I've been really overwhelmed with work. Also, we moved from Tucson to Glendale, AZ, which is sort of like leaving the Smithsonian Institute to go sit in your dentist's waiting room. Oh, and my scanner is broken. I have a bunch of mint shit to share, but no way to get it from by desk to my desktop. I'll figure it out soon.

In the meantime, check out this video from Internet Archive. The Goddard Space Flight Center* has many of these.They use satellites and computer imaging to zoom from space to various locations of Earth. This one goes to Sabino Canyon in Tucson. Check them out. There's like to be one highlighting your city. They're pretty cool.

*Side note - The Goddard Space Flight Center is named after Dr. Robert Hutchings Goddard, a Worcesterite and son of central Massachusetts like yours truly. He is considered the father of modern rocketry.

No comments: