}

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Signal Hill at Night

Check out this photo on a black background. They're all best viewed large and against a black background. 
Our friends James and Martha got some high-powered binoculars for sky watching and invited Erin and I to go try them out. We headed to the west side of Saguaro National Park, to a petroglyph site called Signal Hill, and spent a while looking at stars, planets, nebula, and star clusters. I also took some nighttime photographs. Photographing the desert at night is one of my favorite things to do. It's really dark, and sort of an inexact science, so the pictures never come out perfect. Still, I was pleased with a few of them and I thought I'd share them.
saguaro 1
Large on Black
martha and james
Large on Black
desert sky 1
Large on Black
plants and sky
Large on Black
signal hill with jeep
Large on Black

For more nighttime Signal Hill photos, visit our Flickr page. The "On Black" option comes from Big Huge Labs, which is a cool website that you can link to your Flickr page and use to modify photos, order prints, and a whole lot of other stuff.

2 comments:

eve! said...

These are beautiful. Great job.

Eric said...

Thanks!